Our daily actions are the seeds that we sow in our lives to give us a firm grounding in our faith in Christ. As believers, we need to be very intentional about our daily practices as they make a great impact in the outcomes of our lives.
Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-22
God bless you beloved for stopping by for today’s devotion. God’s message to us today is to know and daily practise the 7 Daily Practices to keep us grounded in our faith in Jesus Christ. The 7 Daily Practices to keep a believer grounded in their faith was written by Apostle Paul in his first letter to the church of Thessalonica. These key Daily Practices was written in the concluding part of his letter emphasizing its importance.
The 7 Daily Practices
- Rejoice Always – Dear one this life we live comes with struggles and difficulties, but this is the joy we hold on to that victory is ours in Christ Jesus. Beloved let your heart always rejoice in the hope you have in God for in doing so you manifest your faith in Him who is able to do all things. Keep your faith strong and do not let sadness steal your joy in the Lord for the joy of the Lord is our strength.
- Pray without ceasing/ giving up – When we pray God hears us and acts on our behalf. Do not let your heart be troubled if you do not see instant results but know that your Father in Heaven has heard you and He is working and will bring all things to a glorious end. Your continuous act of praying is your evidence of your faith in God your Father. Prayer does more than answering your requests, it draws us closer to God.
- Give thanks to God always – Beloved always have a heart of gratitude. Be thankful to God for whatever happens in life. God works all things out for the good of those who are His. Do not be troubled when things are not going well, still give thanks and pray the will of God be done always. Our expression of gratitude to God reveals our trust in His ways that His ways are always the best.
- Do not quench the Spirit – The children of God are those who are led by the Spirit of God. The Spirit rekindles us and keeps us that we will always abide by the will of God. Dear one do not harden your heart towards the Holy Spirit, always yield to Him and let the power of the Spirit manifest in your life always. God gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit that He will be with us always to help us to live faithful Christian lives.
- Do not despise prophecies – God speaks through prophecies to edify the children of God, do not dislike prophecies, listen with discerning ears and pray to God always that His will comes to pass.
- Test all things, hold fast to what is good – Child of God, do not be gullible but rather be discerning in all things that you may chose and do what is good and hold on to it for the glory of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Abstain from any form of evil – Pursue holiness Beloved. When you see or think or hear anything that seems like evil, abstain from it and draw near unto the things of God that you will remain grounded and rooted in holiness.
As we practice these 7 Daily Practices, we sow into our lives; faith, trust, hope and love in our faith in Jesus Christ. Be intentional about doing all these and always pray to God for the grace to carry on. God is with us and will continue to be our ever present help us in all things.