- What am I here for?
- What is my purpose in life?
- Do I even matter?
- What is my calling in this life?
These are the questions many of us tend to ask ourselves when we are sinking into depression or things in our lives are not moving in the way we would expect. Well let’s just say I have been there a lot more times than I would want to, and so I can speak to this experience.
Today, I pray that as you read this, that God will renew your mind from this state of depression and reveal unto you who He has called you to be.
Dear one, to know your calling can only be revealed by the one who created and has called you Colossians 1:16 (Everything finds their purpose in Him who created all things). It is through the study of God’s word that we can find our callings.
Today, I will like to share with you three (3) points that I have discovered through the study of God’s word on how to know your calling in Christ. I pray that as you read this, it will stir up your spirit for a deeper hunger to search the scriptures to identify your calling in Christ.
The first point is:
- Establish your Identity in Christ – 1Peter 2:9 For anyone to be able to determine what their calling is, that person must first affirm their identity as a child of God John 1:12. Beloved, your identity as a child of God precedes all other identifiers (race, name, social class, gender) in your life. It is important that you gird your waist with this truth about who you are in Christ for it is from there that you proceed to learn about what is required of a child of God.
- “It is not what we do that determines who we are. It is who we are that determines what we do.” Neil T. Anderson
- Called to be like your Father – Every good parent would pray that their children will emulate their character for it is good. Our God is a good father, it is His desire that all His children be molded into His character. For this reason, He gives us His Spirit to dwell in us to cause us to become like Him Romans 8:16.
- God calls us to manifest in His nature of holiness 1Peter 1:14-16
- God calls us to love one another as He is love 1John4:8, Galatians 5:22
- God calls us to manifest in authority as He does – In Christ we receive power and authority to overcome darkness as Christ does. – Matthew 10:1, Ephesians 2:6
- Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.- Ephesians 5:1
- You are called to Glorify Christ – Every child of God is called to honor Christ in all that they do. Paul the apostle reminds the church in Corinth, that in all that you do, you must do it to the glory of God 1 Corinthians 10:31. Our Lord Jesus Christ our perfect example, glorifies His Father as He fulfilled His calling to die for us John17:4. Beloved, God made you that you may live a life that glorifies Him as your Creator. In everything you do as God’s child, it either honors or dishonors God. God our Father desires that we bring Him honor always but due to works of the flesh we tend to dishonor God more often Romans 7:15. God is honored when His children obey His Word and walk in His righteousness, be on guard, seeks always to honor God your Father.
Know this: Every endeavor in your life is meant to glorify God, always think upon all you do and assess yourself by asking this question: ” Is this glorifying God?”
If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen1 Peter 4:11
The truth to answer the questions above can only be found in the word of God(Holy Bible). God made us and gave us an identity and He purposed that we should possess this identity as His creation.
If there ever be any reason for doubt or confused thoughts in your mind, read and pray the word of God, the Holy Spirit will bring enlightenment to your heart.
Your identity in Christ is the first step to walk in your calling. Beloved, have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? If you answered no, I humbly invite you today, to ask Jesus Christ to come into your life, repent from your old life and seek to live your new life in Christ which will bring glory to God.
If you just accepted Christ into your life, Yay! Welcome Beloved into the family of God! I will recommend if you are opening the Bible for the first time to please read and pray through the Gospel of John. I believe the Lord Jesus in His mercies and grace will reveal Himself to you as you start off in this eternal life journey. May God guide you and strengthen you all the days of your life and always remember that you are a Child of God.
John 1:12″2 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:”
Always Know This:
Jesus Christ is the true Savior, In the word of God it is written ” I am the way the truth and the life..” and also it is written again “God is not a man that He should lie”. God cannot and will never lie because He has placed His power in His word. Whatever God says comes to pass and what He says remains. The truest truth about a person life which can never be changed, no situation, position or anything known to man can ever change that truth about the word of God on that person’s life. God ‘s word for His children will always come to pass, all we need to do is to TRUST & OBEY His Word.
Finally, your calling is not your giftings and talents. Your calling is to glorify God in your giftings and talents. God loves you, Stay blessed beloved.